AVOID THE RED TAG!
On October 13, 2018, the EPA’s 2015 UST Requirements became fully in effect. Inspectors ARE looking for proof that the required testing has been completed.
If you have not had your spill buckets and containments tested, do not delay and risk getting written up!
Violations are now being issued and your station could face fines and red tagging.
States are looking for the following questions to be answered. Don’t let the answers to these questions be NO.
- Have your spill buckets been tested within the past 3 years?
- Has your overfill prevention been tested in past year?
- Has any secondary containment sumps been tested in past three years?
- Has your ATG Battery been tested?
- Have you tested your Emergency Shut-Offs?
- Are your shear valves properly anchored and have they been tripped to confirm operation?